Thursday, April 1, 2010

You lost your notary seal or notary stamp?

There is no guidance in the notary VA handbook for this isssue. A notary friend misplaced his notary stamp which had been found after he left the site where he was notarizing. The social worker picked it up and placed the notary seal in the safe. My notary friend noticed the notary stamp was missing when he got back to his home office. He notified both the local police & VA Secretary of the Commonwealth. He was very happy to report the recovery of the lost notary stamp to both offices.

I personally keep my notary supplies under lock and inventory all items used after I finish notarization once more when I get back to my car. I try to be polite to the customers but limit myself to one task at a time in order to be distracted and misplacing my notary equipment.